NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY-CUM-ENTRANCE TEST NEET (UG) – 2020
NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) 2020 will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses and other undergraduate medical courses in approved/recognized Medical/Dental & other Colleges/ Institutes in India. Admission to MBBS course in AIIMS, New Delhi, JIPMER and all AIIMS like Institutions will be made through NEET. The eligibility criteria applicable to appear in NEET (UG) shall also be applicable to the candidates desirous to take admission to INIs like AIIMS.
Admissions to all seats of Under graduate Medical Courses will be done through NEET (UG)-2020. The following are the seats available under different quotas:
- All India Quota Seats
- State Government Quota Seats
- Central Institutions/Universities/Deemed Universities
- State/Management/NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical / Dental /Ayurveda /Siddha/Unani/Homeopathy Colleges or any Private University
- Central Pool Quota Seats
- All seats including NRI Quota as well as Management Quota, in private unaided/aided minority/non-minoritymedicalcollegesshallalsobefilledonthebasisofmeritobtainedin NEET (UG) –2020.
- Indian Citizens/Overseas Citizens of India intending to pursue Undergraduate Medical Courses from a foreign (Medical/Dental/Ayurveda/Siddha/Unani/Homeopathy) Institute need to qualify NEET (UG) -2020.
- The Counseling for successful candidates under 15% All India Quota seats and all seats of Deemed Universities/Central Universities/Seats of ESIC & AFMC including Delhi University (DU), BHU, AMU, AIIMS & JIPMER will be conducted by the MCC/DGHS for Undergraduate Medical Courses. The counseling for admission to the seats under the control of other States/Universities/Institutions shall be conducted as per the notifications issued separately by the authorities concerned.
- The result of NEET (UG) – 2020 may be utilized by other entities of Central/State Governments for admission purpose in accordance with their rules.
- During counseling, the eligibility criteria, self-declaration, various documents, etc. of the eligible candidates shall be verified as per norms specified by the respective authorities and/or Medical/Dental/Ayurveda/Siddha/Unani/Homeopathy Colleges. NTA does not have any responsibility towards correctness/genuinity of the uploaded information/documents during the application process.
Date of EntranceTest
NEET (UG) – 2020 will be conducted on 3 May 2020 (Sunday) from 02:00 p.m. to 05:00 p.m. The duration of test will be three (03) hours.The schedule will remain unaltered even if the date of test is declared a public holiday.
Pattern of NEET (UG)-2020
|Subject||Type of Question||Duration||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Physics||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) with four options and single correct answer/best option
Each question carries 04 (four)marks.
For each correct answer/best option, candidate will get 04 (four)marks.
For each incorrect answer, 01(one) mark will be deducted from the totalscore.
to 05:00 p.m.
|Biology (Botany & Zoology)||90||360|
Mode of Examination
NEET (UG)–2020 is a Pen & Paper-based test to be answered on the specially designed machine gradable sheet using Ball PointPen.
Eligibility to appear in NEET (UG) –2020
He/she has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31 December of the year of his/her admission to the first year Undergraduate Medical Courses.
The upper age limit for NEET (UG) is 25 years as on the date of examination with relaxation of 5 years for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC-NCL category and PwD Candidates.
Accordingly, the eligibility conditions regarding age limit have been revised as under:
|For Candidates of General (UR)/General-EWS||born on or before 31.12.2003|
|For Candidates of SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD Category|
Eligibility for 15% All India Quota seats
Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and Foreign Nationals are eligible for 15% All India Quota Seats. But Students from UT of J&K and Ladakh are not eligible for 15% All India Quota seats as UT of J&K and Ladakh have opted out of All India Scheme since its inception.
Candidates who have appeared or are appearing at the qualifying Examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subject and expect to pass the Examination with required percentage of marks are also eligible to apply and appear in the Competitive Entrance Examination. Candidate must have passed in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward classes (NCL) s, the minimum marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together in qualifying examination shall be 40% marks in stead of 50% marks for Unreserved and General-EWS Candidates.
PARTICULARS TO BE FILLED IN THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
- Self-Declaration (AppendixIII)
- Permanent Address & Correspondence Address
- Passport Number/Ration Card Number/Bank Account Number/Any other valid Govt. Id. Number / Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits)/Class XII Roll number issued by the Board/ Election Card (EPICNo.)
- State/District of Birth
- Father’s/Guardian’s/Mother’s Occupation
- Father’s/Guardian’s/Mother’s total annual Income
- Medium of Question Paper
- Year of Class XII/Equivalent passed/appearing
- Percentage of marks/Grade in class X/ Class X and Equivalent
- State/District of Class X, XI & XII
- Minority Status
- Disability Status as per guidelines of MCI
- Type of Institution of Class XII/Equivalent
- Belonging to Rural/Urban area
- Mode of preparation for the NEET(UG).
- State to which the applicant belongs/desires to apply
- Qualifying Examination Code
- School Education Board
- Choice of Examination Centres/Cities
Details of FeePayment
|Fee Payable by Candidate||General||Rs. 1500/-|
|General-EWS/ OBC-NCL||Rs. 1400/-|
|Processing charges & Goods and Services Tax (GST) are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable|
DECLARATION OF RESULT
The National Testing Agency will evaluate the Answer Sheets using standard procedure and the result will be displayed on the website ntaneet.nic.inand thereafter candidates may download their respective Result Sheets.