This Entrance Examination is being conducted exclusively for the 15% merit positions for the Medical/Dental colleges of India as specified in the directive of the court and will be governed by the rules and regulations specified for the same by the Government of India, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare from time to time.
No. of seats : Approx 3521 seats
Pattern of Exam
Pattern of the Entrance Test:- The Entrance Test shall consist of one paper containing 180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) to be answered on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet using Ball Point Pen provided by CBSE at centre only. The duration of test would be 03 hours.
Schedule of Examination:
Held in the First week of May.
Eligibility and Qualifications :
Eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats
(1) He/she has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/BDS Course and is an INDIAN NATIONAL.
(2) The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission under 15% All India Quota Seats is 25 years as on 31 st December of the year of the entrance examination. Further provided that this upper age limit shall be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes.
3. There is no attempt limit.
4. Students from the states of Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible, as both these states had opted out of All India Scheme since its inception.
5. The candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination. For SC/ST or other backward classes the mark obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in qualifying examination be 40% instead of 50% for General Candidates.
NEET-State Code of Eligibility :
Candidates may choose State Code(s) on the basis of his/her eligibility to claim seats under State Quota in any State. Candidate’s rank in the merit list for 85% State Quota seats will be generated on the basis of the State Code of Eligibility filled in by the Candidates in the application form.
Guidelines and Rules regarding Domicile framed by each State/UT shall be applicable in respect of the seats under their control and disposal.
Declaration of Result : 1″week of June.
Cut-Off Details CBSE Prelim / NEET:
Candidates are advised to regularly check the website https://ntaneet.nic.in for any further updates or information.