Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)
The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is an on-going National Program of Fellowship in Basic Sciences, initiated and funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, to attract exceptionally highly motivated students for pursuing basic science courses and research career in science. The “Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana” (KVPY) is a program started in 1999 by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India to encourage students who are studying Basic Sciences to take up research career in Science. The objective of the program is to identify students with talent and aptitude for research; help them realize their academic potential; encourage them to take up research careers in Science, and ensure the growth of the best scientific minds for research and development in the country. KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana) is a national level scholarship program up to Pre-Ph.D level. It is organized by IISc Bangalore annually. For the year 2020, KVPY exam will be conducted on November 3, 2020
KVPY Eligibility Criteria
|SA||Candidate who enrolled themselves in class 11th (Science Stream) must apply for this exam.
Minimum Marks: Candidate must pass class 10th with Mathematics & Science subjects with minimum 75% (65% for SC/ST/PWD)
|SX||Qualifying Exam: Candidate who have taken admission in class 12th (Science Subjects) can apply.
Minimum Marks: Candidate must score minimum 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) in Mathematics & Science subjects (PCB) in class 12th.
Candidate also have to obtain at least 75% (65% in case of SC/ST/PWD) in class 10th.
|SB||Qualifying Exam: Candidate who enrolled in 1st year of the UG programme in Basic Science
(Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics & Biology) – B.Sc./BS/B.Math./B.Stat./MS/Int. M.Sc) can ally for this exam.
Minimum Marks: Candidate must score minimum 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD category) in 10+2 examination. In the first year of their final exam in B.Sc./BS/B.Math./B.Stat./MS/Int. M.Sc, students must secure 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD).
KVPY 2020 Exam Dates
|The below table represents schedule of KVPY 2020 Exam:|
|Online Application Process begins||08-Jul-20|
|Last date of form submission||31-Aug-20|
|Issue of KVPY Admit card||07-Oct-20|
|KVPY 2020 Exam Date||03-Nov-20|
|KVPY Result declaration||3rd week of December 2020|
|Interview session||3rd week of January 2020|
- Candidates can submit the application fee through online (Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking) mode.
- The application fee is INR 1000 for General category/OBC & INR 500 for SC/ST/PwD category).
KVPY 2020 Selection Process
Candidates will be called for the selection procedure on the basis of their performance in the KVPY Aptitude Test. The selection process will include interview round. The interview round will be held in the 3rd week of January 2020. Candidates will be informed about interview dates, time & venue through email/website. After the successful completion of the entrance exam & interview round, the scholarship will be provided to the successful candidates.
- KVPY Merit List is prepared by considering the scores obtained by the candidate in the Aptitude test and Interview.
- The evaluation is based on 75% marks of Aptitude test and 25% of performance in interview.
KVPY 2020 Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted in online (Computer Based Test) mode.
- Date & Shift: KVPY 2020 is scheduled for November 3 in two shifts, for stream SA 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM and for stream SB/SX 2 PM to 5 PM.
- Medium of Question Paper: The question paper will be asked in both English & Hindi Language.
- Type of Questions: It is a multiple choice type question paper. All the questions are compulsory to attempt in stream SA. There is an option to attempt any three sections in Part I & any two sections in Part II in Stream SB/SX.
- Duration of Exam: Duration of the paper is three hours.
- Sections: Question paper will contain two sections: Part I & Part II, having four sections each.
- Total Marks: The paper will consist of 100 marks.
KVPY 2020 Marking Scheme
- The question papers of Stream SA & Stream SB/SX will be of 100 marks.
- In Part I of both the Stream, one mark will be awarded for correct response and 0.25 marks will be deducted for an incorrect response.
- In Part II of Stream SA and Stream SB/SX, for each correct response, two marks will be given to the candidates & 0.5 marks will be deducted for incorrect answer.
KVPY 2020 Cut off
- KVPY 2020 cutoff is the basis for shortlisting candidates for the second level of the exam-interview
|KVPY Scholarship/ Fellowship|
|Candidates will be eligible for KVPY Fellowship/scholarship based on their performance in aptitude test and interview.|
|The authority will award the scholarship to the selected candidates.|
|Here, we are mentioning details about the cash which is awarded to the KVPY scholarship holders:|
|Basic Sciences||Monthly Fellowship||Annual Contingency Grant|
|SA/SX/SB- during 1st to 3rd years of- B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Integrated M.Sc. /M.S.||INR 5000||INR 20000|
|SA/SX/SB- during M.Sc./4th to 5th years of Integrated M.Sc./M.S/M.Math./M.Stat.||INR 7000||INR 28000|